Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stress Washed Away

SOLC Day 28 of 31
 
It was one of those days. I realized it even more when I got home and could feel the knotted ropes on either side of my neck and fatigue weighting me to the floor. When I left for school this morning, I had the resolve that I would go to my aquafit class this evening. But now I was not as sure. My husband was not coming home for dinner and though I had a dozen things on my mental to do list, there really was not a concrete reason not to go.

I like this fitness class but I just had to get there.  An external force pushed and pulled at me to get on my bathing suit, grab my gym bag and get out the door and into the car. I drove to the gym. As I stepped into the pool the warm water welcomed me with a soothing “ah”.  The class goes at a brisk pace with the instructor pushing encouragingly. I found energy that I didn’t know I still had. I worked hard and the knots loosened. Some of the stresses of the day washed off and were left behind. I found some renewal. I’m tired but soothed. It was a good choice I made with the force that pushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment