Saturday, March 5, 2011

SOLSC Day 5 of 31 Three Generations Stretching

Going to the gym is something I try to do frequently, though it doesn't happen as often as I would like. My exercise of preference is water aerobics. I'm not sure if that is because I get a good workout or if it is because under the water no one can see my moves!

A few months ago my daughter suggested we go together to a "body flow" class, which is a combination of yoga and Pilates. I do feel good when the class is over but the hour process is not always pretty. Recently, when my granddaughter turned 14, she became old enough to take classes at the gym.

So became a time of three generations stretching together on Saturday mornings. Where else can you go and have a beautiful smiling young girl run to greet you, throw her arms around you and tell you she loves you? My yoga mat is already in place and we're ready to go. (Well, as ready as I can be!) We stretch, pose, do downward dog, child's pose and more. At times she struggles to bend just right. I'm glad I'm not the only one. While creating healthier bodies, we're also creating special memories. I'll stretch for that!

7 comments:

  1. What a special time for the three generations!Part of your post reminded me of a phrase from All the Places to Love by Patricia MacLachlan, Where else can you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those family exercise moments are the best. I remember joining my grandmother for water aerobics on the weekend. It was a valued time and a memory I cherish. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! What a special way to spend time with your family! I really enjoyed the last few lines. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Again,
    Stretching with your girls sounds like such fun! I can't resist the treasured time with the kids either. Love the sunny look of your blog and the font too! ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful - and what great memories your granddaughter will always have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are very lucky. My mom and I have gone to water aerobics together, I would love to join my daughter in her yoga if I lived near her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your slice felt joyful and funny too! Your line about no one being able to see your moves under water cracked me up! What a gift to go to yoga with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete