Thursday, March 24, 2011

SOLSC Day 24 of 31 The Circle of Life

I am grateful everyday that the circle of my life includes my beautiful 14-year-old granddaughter. Since her birth we have shared a special bond that is a treasure I hold close. One of the things we look forward to and share is going to plays. Tonight we twitched in our seats as the animals of The Lion King gracefully made their way to the stage, creating their own poetry. This was my third time seeing this performance over many years, her second. With escalating excitement, our hearts drew close and we shared an excitement that added another stitch to our bond. We both love all the music from this performance but these lyrics from A Circle of Life seem to speak loudly to me tonight.


From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment